For producers

Becoming a supplier to Systembolaget

Small breweries, multinational companies and importers with various specializations. Systembolaget’s approximately 1,200 suppliers offer beverages from around 5,000 producers from all over the world. Is your company also interested in becoming a supplier?

Becoming a supplier requires you to have the necessary licenses and that you connect to certain services that cost money. This step-by-step guide tells you what you need to do.


Set-up and register the company for corporation tax and VAT

You must have a company of some kind. If you don’t already have one, you can read about different types of company and registering companies at

The company must have a Swedish corporation tax (F-tax) assessment slip and a VAT registration number. You apply for these through the Swedish Tax Agency.


Obtain a license to trade in alcohol

The company obtains the license either by being approved as a warehouse keeper or by registering as a consignee. The forms are available on

If you have any questions, please contact the Swedish Tax Agency’s Ludvika office.

If you only trade in non-alcoholic beverages, your company does not need any of the licensees that apply to trading in alcohol.


Register the company as a food establishment

Your company must be registered as a food establishment. Registration is made in one of two ways, depending on the company’s specialization:

  • At the municipality’s environment and health protection office if you are going to produce beer or import alcoholic beverages.
  • At the Swedish Food Agency if you are going to produce wine or spirits.

If you have any questions, please contact the Swedish Food Agency for further information.


Apply for a GLN number

Global Location Number (GLN number) is used for business identification purposes and is necessary for sending orders and managing invoices. There are fees associated with GLN numbers.

You apply for a GLN number through GS1.


Connect to Validoo Item

You must connect to Validoo Item and one of their approved system suppliers. You fill in item information via the system supplier that is forwarded to Validoo Item. Systembolaget then retrieves information about your items from Validoo Item.

There are fees associated with the agreements with both Validoo Item and the system supplier.

Find information about Validoo and approved system suppliers here.


Responsibility for packaging

Anyone who manufactures, imports, fills or sells packaged goods is responsible for the packaging being collected and recycled. You need to connect to different systems depending on the type of packaging you will be selling.

Returpack AB is mandatory if your packaging comes with a deposit (cans and PET). Further information is available from Returpack.

Swedish Glass Recycling (Svensk Glasåtervinning AB) is mandatory for all glass packaging. Further information is available from Swedish Glass Recycling.

The Packaging and Newspaper Collection Service (FTI) and TMR (Tailor-Made Responsibility) are tasked with collecting and recycling paper packaging. Further information is available from FTI  and TMR, respectively.


Systembolaget’s Learning Portal

Log in to Systembolaget’s Learning Portal  where you can:

  • Undergo e-training on Systembolaget’s purchasing system and sustainability work
  • Fill in the “Supplier’s information” form (company address, contact details, distribution, short description of the business, approval of amfori BSCI’s Code of Conduct to which Systembolaget is linked)
  • Attach copies of the licenses from items 1-3 above

We review the documents we receive

Documents take about five working days to process. If everything is in order we send an e-mail with login details to our Supplier Portal.

Your company is now approved to supply to Systembolaget. Please note this does not mean that we have purchased anything, but rather that we may buy from your company in the future.

Go to Systembolaget’s Learning Portal.


If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact: